
I get a few e-newsletters a week about the development of my toddler. Sometimes I read them and think, "Taylor's been doing that for a few months, he's way ahead." Other times I think, "He's not even close enough or mature enough to master "that" skill.
Well, within the last week, my last 2 newsletters have been about "PRETEND". I've been reading them, in the back of my mind thinking, "that's for girls. perfect for playing house." Then it dawned on me. I play "pretend" with Taylor everyday. The newsletters say his "pretend item" will be a dog, or a baby, or a bear, ect. Well my friends, we play pretend BASEBALL. That's right. Throw the "pretend" ball. Hit a "pretend" home run. Catch a "pretend" fly ball. He's been doing this for a while. Safe? Yes. Productive? Yes, we don't have to go after the ball. I'm really like this stage of "pretend". I'm glad to report he's way ahead of the game in this stage.
2 comments:
I think the same thing about playing pretend with my boys. We don't have frilly dresses with accessories so sometimes I don't think we play pretend. But we have super hero capes and masks so I'd have to say that yes we do play pretend.
Love it! Tay is so cute running the bases! By the way, we got the Laurie Berkner CD! It hasn't come in the mail yet but I am very excited for it. Thanks for telling me about it.
Post a Comment