Sunday, September 27, 2009

Horrible, maybe lazy!

I have been a horrible blogger! I've been so lazy and haven't taken pictures. Maybe a new camera would make it more fun?

We had the best weekend and it's killing me I can't document it with pictures. Saturday was a Family-filled Fun Day! I told Taylor if he got a hair cut and didn't cry, we would take him bowling. Just the idea of a haircut freaks him out. He decided he wanted to go bowling, so a haircut was part of that plan. He decided a haircut would be ok if he sat on his little camping chair. So, with me sitting on a little stool and he on the camping chair, I managed to cut his hair (with Sterling sleeping)and no crying. It's so much cuter when I'm not fighting it!

As promised, we took him bowling and he had a blast. He got really frustrated when he didn't get a strike every round like his daddy. Poor kid has the competition spirit in him already! He would put his head down and pout because he didn't get ALL the pins down. I reassured him he did awesome and it's ok to bowl like mommy!

Bowling was followed by lunch at ISLANDS, a yummy burger place I love, and then to Target for a slurpee. He started complaining about his ear, which was surprising because he just finished an antibiotic for an ear infection. We quickly took him to the insta-care and found out everything was fine. I had a wonderful time with some family at the RS Broadcast and Taylor and Sterling ordered pizza, watched a movie, and popped popcorn.

I want weekends like this every weekend!!! I hope to remember to take pictures next time!

5 comments:

Megan said...

I have really been struggling with taking pictures and blogging lately as well! Your weekend sounded great. I'm sad you guys aren't closer so we could do breakfast together on Conference Sunday!

Susanne said...

What a great treat for a hair cut!

We cut hair in front of the TV. We have to lay out a sheet to keep the cut hair off the carpet--easy clean up, though. Whoever is getting their hair cut gets to pick what we watch. The boys are so distracted by the TV they hardly notice the buzzer and scissors.

CandraWynne said...

That is too funny we wanted to take McKayla bowling this past Saturday as well but by the time we called open bowling was over for the day :( Totally bummed! At least one of us got to have some fun :)

The Wilkins' said...

Hi Stephanie! It was so fun (and crazy) running into you! I may steal your bowling idea. Liberty would LOVE it I'm sure.

Jessica said...

I love your Halloween header! You are so talented. Bowling is fun with kids :-) Great reward for a hair cut.