I like a cleaned up house when I wake up and when I get home from somewhere. So, this takes effort to clean up before I go anywhere and before I go to bed. This has been a typical routine at our house. I've been trying to get Taylor involved and he didn't really know what was going on...UNTIL...last week I told him to pick up his toys so we could go. He picked up all his toys. All he has to do is put his toys in 2 baskets.
I was totally excited but figured it wouldn't last long. He was pretty good for a couple of days. Then earlier this week we went to have lunch with Sterling at school. I told him we needed to get his shoes on so we could go. I went to open the door and turned around to hear Taylor singing, "clean up, clean up,...". And, he picked up all his toys. Yes, every one. So I'm thinking this is pretty stinkin cute. He will do things if I tell him to do it, but this was all on his own.
To back up a little on my next point...when I get him dressed in the morning, I have him throw his diaper away and put his pj's in the dirty clothes basket. Well, today we were getting ready to leave, and he picked up his toys on his own and right after went and got his pj's and put them in the dirty basket...WITH OUT ME ASKING HIM! Now, the funny thing is, I had his pj's folded ready to be put away in his dresser because they were not dirty. I was not about to disturb his routine. It was me that "in-grained" it in his little brain. I am one proud mama!!! Who knows how long it will last, but it puts a huge smile on my face!
Oh, and one more thing to brag about...I was in nursery with Tay on Sunday and the nursery leader just "mentioned" it was time to clean up. Tay did as he was told, sang his little song, and proceeded to clean up the toys. YES!
7 years ago
5 comments:
AWESOME!!! You go mom! You get to take all the credit :)
I bette not let Kevin read this. He's going to wish he married you instead of me! Maybe I can take some lessons from you. A clean house is one of my biggest challenges. You've inspired me to work harder.
Of course you can add us to your favorites and of course I'm adding you to mine.
Thanks for the link!
That is so great! If I remember correctly, you are a pretty clean person. I just started trying to teach Miles how to clean up and put his diapers (and porters) in the garbage and I think he is catching on now. Keep up the good work!
That's really funny that he sings the clean up song and actually cleans up. I can't wait to have kids and then try to get them to listen to me. I think I'll read a lot of parenting books.
I LOVE this story!! I'm going to start working on it more with Katelyn because she's showing signs of being a good cleaner upper, but nothing like this! I'm way impressed.
Post a Comment