Friday, August 22, 2008

WE MADE IT! Final Destination: Arizona


We made it back to AZ today. We received a VERY WARM welcome. We left Utah at 4am, hoping it would be early enough to let Taylor sleep that much more. Well, that never happened. We arrived to AZ at 2:15 (AZ time). The trip went by fairly quick, even with Taylor screaming for about 2 hours total and sleeping maybe an hour and a half. Our plan pretty much back-fired on us, but we made it home safe and in great timing (with a toddler). Taylor was the happiest kid when we got home. I think he forgot what real life was like. He LOVED all his toys and went right to bed at 6pm. We will get to spend next week adjusting back to our life here. Sterling starts school on Sept. 2nd.

8 comments:

CandraWynne said...

Glad to hear you made it home safe and sound and just in time to enjoy the heat before it leaves!

Bobbi Leavitt said...

hooray! Now, if you can make it through one more tri!! YOU CAN!

Sharolyn Gabbitas said...

TJ screamed for two hours straight? :0) I am glad that you guys made it back to your house okay. Now TJ can stretch out and eat chips out of a bag on a "real" couch...your couches in PA were so uncomfortable! :0) Bet you won't miss those!!

Mom of four said...

Okay, this happens to us every time! The kids just won't sleep in the car in wee hours of the morning. And afternoon naps are rough. I guess there's no easy way to travel by car with little kids!

Dubb Days said...

Kodos to you for listening to the screaming for 2 hours!!
I am sure you are glad to be home and get back to normal life!! Can't wait to see what state you head to next:)

Vern and Susan Henshaw said...

Screaming toddlers are horrible to drive with but hey, you got home and isn't routine great. Nothing like your own bed!

Meg said...

Yipee!! I am so glad you guys are back, we missed you! I am sorry about the drive home. We can not wait to see you!

Tiffany said...

Congratulations for making back! What a fun summer you guys have had and now I bet it's great to get back to normal life... if any of us know what that is anymore. :)