Monday, June 23, 2008

Small World


My younger brother Stafford is serving an LDS mission in England - Leeds mission. We went to New York for the weekend, and right before leaving, we had dinner at the Carvers with some people from our ward. A girl in their ward is moving, so they had it catered towards here a little. She had some friends coming into town, so she brought them over for dinner as well. They happened to be from England.

I really like the "do you know" game, so I went on a limb and asked what part of England they were from. (It's probably like going to a different country, saying you're from the US and someone asking what state you're from.) They said the Leeds area. So, now I'm on the verge of tears with so much excitement and told them my younger brother is serving a mission there. I called my mom to see which area Stafford is currently serving. She said Mansfield. The husband said, "oh, my dad is in the Stake Presidency there." The couple was so sweet and said they would take a letter or a package or whatever to him. Unfortunately (for Stafford) we were walking out the door to come back to PA. So, we got a picture :-).

What are the chances? They don't know Stafford, but maybe there's a chance he'll serve in their area some time. Regardless, it was fun to hear an English accent and know Stafford is around that all the time. I almost felt like "home away from home."

1 comment:

S and B H. said...

too funny! Okay so how was your trip???