Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Taylor grew up today...

If you are a parent of a toddler, you know that their minds are always going. In my experience, Taylor, out of the blue, will have a day that he seems super smart. Well, yesterday and today were those days.

He said shoe.
He ran to the bananas in the produce section saying "nanas nanas".
He wanted candy at Sprouts and I said "no" and he said and signed, "please?"
He pooped in his diaper in the bathroom, then flushed the toilet when he was done.
He says "up" and jumps when he wants me to hold him.
When he's all done eating, getting a haircut, or sitting in the cart at a store he says and signs "all done."

Tonight I had to record everything he did because he's done and said so much in just 2 days. There is a lot of other things he's caught on to the last couple of weeks, but I won't bore you with those. Watching kids grow up is so fun!

3 comments:

Dubb Days said...

Good for you writing it all down. Keep your pen ready, there is more and more to come;)

Mom of four said...

They grow up overnight, huh?!?!

I agree, it's amazing to watch kids grow up. You know that they will and almost exactly how it will go, but it's still amazing to watch.

Every day, babies learn to walk or talk or sign or whatever. But when it's your own kid, it's a miracle.

I'm at that point right now with Sophie and reading/writing/drawing. Her pictures have recently developed bodies (previously, all appendages came out of the head). I knew it would happen, that she would draw stick figures, not just Mr. Potato Head figures, but it's still amazing to watch it happen!!

S and B H. said...

Oh so cute! So fun!! Seriously when is Ster graduating again--you are moving near me if I have anything to do with it ;) Tay and Rando will have so much fun together!!!