Monday, July 21, 2008

Winding down

Liberty Bell
In front of Independence Hall. You had to get tickets (free) to get in, but the line was too long.
In front of Betsy Ross' house. Anyone know who Betsy Ross is? Leave a comment if you think you do.
Sterling and Sharolyn eating a Philly Cheese Steak sandwhich.
In front of Washington's Headquarters at Valley Forge. This is the house that George Washington slept in during the battle along with other soldiers. Martha would come and visit every once in a while and when she did, they got their own room. Interesting. :-)

Well, our time here in PA is winding down. It has flown by! Sterling's sister Sharolyn came for a visit this weekend and we still had things to cross off our "to-do" list of things to see. We went to Philly and saw some US history sites. We also went to Valley Forge and went and toured things we hadn't seen before.

5 comments:

Breena said...

I love Philly and their cheesesteak.

So when are you guys heading back to 115-degree-hell?

Steph (and Bryant) said...

Looks like you had a blast in Philly. What a FUN adventure!!

Amber said...

Betsy Ross made the first American Flag.
Memories--I was there in all of those same places a year ago and I loved it so much! I want to go back! When are you all moving back to AZ?

Meg said...

Steph you look so cute in those pictures! I bet that was fun to have Sterlings sister out there.

I would love to be in a location where there so much history....jealous!

I am curious as well when you guys are heading back to AZ.

Kenny said...

How fast did Sterling eat that cheesesteak? His sister has a whole sandwich there and Sterling's is already gone.