Sunday, December 23, 2007

On this day...

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 23, 2001
I got home early in the morning...like 1:30am. Sterling gave me a hug on the door scene which I loved because I usually only got hugs from guys that I knew well, and I had just met him and didn't know him very well. I was so impressed. My mom met me at downstairs on my bed to hear all about the awesome date I just had. I had a few "firsts" with Sterling. #1, he didn't know exactly what time he would be picking me up because he wasn't sure if he would be able to get off early from work. I took my 'ole sweet time to get ready. I took a relaxing bath, did my hair, ect. Oh, to my surprise, there was a knock at the door 15 min. before I thought he was going to be there. I WASN'T READY FOR HIM YET! He had to sit and talk to my parents for like 10 minutes as I rushed to get ready. (for almost all my dates I can remember, I was always ready like 10 mintues early, just in case the date decided to come early) I was a little stressed to say the least. That had never happened to me before! #2, When we got in his car, I didn't like the music he was listening to, so I changed the station...I controlled the radio the rest of the night...never done that before either. #3, I had the best time on this date, I didn't want it to end. I had never been on a date before where I felt so comfortable and wanted to be with the guy so bad that I didn't want the date to end. So, what did I have to tell my mom so early in the morning? I had the best time in the world...he cooked for me, took good care of me, and I had a blast!!! (for those of you in suspense of what we did on the date - Dinner: his apartment, we made fajitas. Activity: Comedy club in Salt Lake, then to his apartment for hot chocolate. Other people with us: my friend, his cousin, Kristi who was with his friend, Troy.) Sterling made the over all experience very comfortable for me. What a guy!

2 comments:

Webster Family said...

I have to admit, we've really enjoyed reading your story--I guess we'll have to have you guys over for dinner so we can hear Sterling's side huh?? Give us a call when you get back in town...but enjoy the break!

Steph (and Bryant) said...

love at first date! good for you!!