...what else you could do with Pinto Beans besides cook them? I receive a weekly newsletter from babycenter.com. This last week they had an article titled "Non Toys". It gave good ideas on things your baby may like to play with other than toys. It gave an idea to put some beans in a plastic container so it could make noise. I did it for Taylor today and he LOVED it! I also gave him kitchen utencils, measuring cups, and a rubber scraper to play with. He LOVED that too! I put him in his high chair with his new found toys and had him watch Baby Einsteins. I got a lot of dishes done without him trying to climb on top of or in the dishwasher.
7 years ago
2 comments:
Steph,
What a great idea! I will have to make one for Saige, but I'll put them in an empty 20 oz soda bottle for her to carry around and shake. :)
Another thing you can do with pinto beans - and you'll be surprised!!- you can make a mock pumpkin pie (it tastes JUST like the real thing, because it has the same texture!) and believe it or not you can even make fudge. We learned how to do it in an Enrichment class using food storage. I've eaten both and they were really great!!
Loved the pictures on your blog, by the way!
Becky Blake
Hey, that is a great idea!! It is so funny how we will buy our kids toys, and what they really love to play with are things that you can find around the house.
Post a Comment