Friday, September 7, 2007

NY Yankees or AZ Diamondbacks?

We all remember the World Series game 2001. I do, and when do I ever get into sports? I watched the entire game up until the last couple of innings when I had to leave the room because I was getting into the game too much. Being from AZ, we were cheering on the DBacks of course! Then I marry a baseball player who had never been to a pro baseball game. So, as part of our trip to AZ right after we got married, we went to a DBacks game. We had a blast and I think Sterling really enjoyed it!

THEN, we move to NY. To say people back East are big into baseball is an understatement. We got right in the middle of it. Because I have a father who HATES the Yankees, I hadn't really gotten into the Yankee spirit, and then I was surrounded by it. We were given dang good seats at Yankee Stadium and I actually enjoyed being at a baseball game. So, pretty much from then on we became what I would consider Yankee fans.

NOW, we live in AZ. I don't know if it's legal to become a non-Yankee fan after you have already been one. Sterling and I will hopefully go to many DBacks games. So, do we get back into the idea of being a DBacks fan? I went to a lot of games when the stadium was first built. I went to 1 Yankees game. We'll see. If you are a true pinstripes Yankees fan, you'll probably try to convince us other wise. But, if we ever move to Boston, WE WILL become Red Socks fans. I guess we are not true Yankee fans, but we will always have a special place in our heart for them!!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Ok so we have the same problem. We are Ohio State football fans, but now live in Michigan the pure enemy of OSU fans. I think we will always be OSU fans but it is hard when you are surrounded by the rival.

Cim Carver said...

There are a few things for which there is no forgivness in this life. One of them is having partaken first hand of the amazing Yankee's spirit and atmosphere, embracing it as your own, then turning your back on it. Don't do it!

That said, I am a DB fan as well, unless they are playing the Bronx Bombers...then I have to stay true to the pinstripes.

Hope you are all doing well, we miss you out here!