We made a last minute trip to Utah for the funeral of Sterling's grandpa. He's been pretty sick for a few months and peacefully passed away on Sunday, June 5th.
We drove packed up the car and left Thursday of that week. It was a nice, long journey with an impatient 4 year-old and a 6 1/2 pregnant mom. I think we can say good-bye to our 10 hour drives...
On the way, we got stopped because of construction. We watched dogs herd a group of sheep right in front of us. It was out in the middle of the Reservation. It was so funny to watch. We made our ritual stop at Glen Canyon Dam. The second half of the trip went a lot quicker than the first half. We got in around 8 and stopped to eat at Taco Time on the way to my parents.
On Friday, we relaxed and then met up with the Gabbitas side of the family for a picnic at a park in Provo. The weather was P.E.R.F.E.C.T. We got our oil changed on the way home and it took extra long because the workers lost a bolt somewhere inside our engine. We picked up pizzas at Papa Murphy's and chilled at my parents house. Taylor chilled outside with my dad.
Saturday was the funeral. We spent a beautiful day in Benjamin, UT. It was so fun spending time with Sterling's family. The funeral was beautiful and the weather was perfect, again. On our way back to my parent's house, we took a drive around Utah Lake. It was a long drive, but totally worth it. We had dinner at Chili's with my parents and then we went to Maggie Moos for dessert.
Sunday we relaxed and then went to church. Sterling and I came home early and Tay stayed with my mom and dad. As they were driving home, they found a snake in the middle of the road. This would be the second one they found while we were there. This happened to be the highlight of Tay's trip. We could call this trip, The Snake Utah Trip. Garrett, Kasey, and Kailyn came over for dinner and then Aunt S and Uncle V came over to visit.
Monday, Ster and I had a lunch date at Wingers. We came home and got Tay and then made our way to Provo. We had dinner at Pizza Factory. Taylor LOVED it. He loved the bread twist and noodles. This is rare for Taylor to like a food place, so I'm glad we were successful. It was Aunt Sharn's birthday and we had a little gathering at her house. We had a nice spread of cakes to celebrate. We enjoyed spending time together as a family!
Tuesday, I spent my favorite holiday (Flag Day) with my mom, aunt, and cousin. We had lunch at Bajios, went and got dessert, and then shopped. The only picture I got of the day was pretty dark, but I am posting it for my memories.
Wednesday, Tay, me, and my mom hung out at Aunt Susan's for the morning. Taige came over to play with Tay and he had a blast. Aunt Susan gave them a picnic lunch to eat outside. When we got home, we went to Lehi Legacy Center to swim. Tay had a blast! Kasey and Kailyn joined us.
By Thursday, I was getting pretty worn out. My parents took Tay with them to Tooele and we met up with them later in the afternoon. We went to their indoor pool, had dinner at my sister's and then went to my nephew's t-ball game. It got cold and windy and so we left early.
Friday was my cousin's wedding. I opted not to go to the ceremony because I didn't want to get up early. Sterling went golfing with a group of friends that morning. My sister brought her kids down to my parents and the boys loved playing together. We met up with my parents at the luncheon. We came back to my parents and the kids played. The night ended at the reception at Thanksgiving Point. Tay had been asking me all day if he would get to see Uncle Nato. I (and Tay) was so excited to see Nato as we walked into the reception. Tay LOVES his Uncle Stafford. We spent a lot of time with Stafford for different reasons a few months before he got married. Taylor fell in love with Nato at the Ranch last summer and then again at Stafford's wedding. I think it has to do a lot with Nato being Staffords BFF.
Saturday we got up and drove home. I decided I am horrible about taking pictures. I wish I was better at it. We had a great time and enjoyed the weather soooooo much! The timing of the trip worked out so perfect. My mom happened to have the week off school so we were able to spend a lot of time with my parents. It was so nice to have Sterling with us the entire time, even though he had to work from home a little everyday.
7 years ago






















1 comment:
You forgot to mention that your brother and favorite sister-in-law gave birth to another niece for you on this trip. You didn't get to meet her, but she is cute and would like to meet you someday. If her mom ever wants to travel, that is. Or if her Aunt Steph does. Hope you're well.
Post a Comment