Friday, May 13, 2011

A sweet, tender day.

I am pregnant. I am uncomfortable. I have up and down days. I've been doing better about resting and taking it easy. I have a back pain which my doctor has pretty much told me not to bend. This would include housework, ect. Sterling is awesome and helps out a ton, even with his stressful, busy schedule.

This morning I woke up to every mom's "day-dreading" incident. Taylor was sick. So my motherly, loving, nursing insticts kicked right in and I took care of him. It was light outside, so I assumed it was around 7, but it was 5 something. I could hardly open my eyes. I had a hard time going to bed last night due to pregnancy heartburn.

Taylor did not like being sick. He kept telling me how bad he wanted to get better. Just as Sterling was leaving for work, we were getting ready to say family prayers and Taylor asked Sterling for a blessing. This is the first time Taylor has ever done this. Tears filled my eyes and I realized that Taylor was leaning on Sterling to help him get better. He trusted Heavenly Father could help him and Sterling was able to use his Priesthood to bless our child.

So back to my day. I was on my feet constantly for 5 hours. Bending over to clean up messes. Bending over to do loads and loads of laundry. It dawned on me about half way through. I have NO back pain. I had energy. This may seem like a small thing, but my back has been constantly hurting for weeks and just to mop the floor, I pay for it. It was a HUGE blessing and sweet miracle that i knew Heavenly Father was helping me so I could take care of Taylor. Maybe it has to do with the same faith Taylor had to lean on Sterling to get better. I know I was blessed today. Taylor started feeling better a few hours later and Sterling was able to come home after lunch to help with Taylor so I could have a nap.

4 comments:

Susanne said...

Wow. That was a sweet story. Thanks so much for sharing. I bet you are right--I believe you were blessed because of Tayler's faith. What a great miracle.

Webster Family said...

So sad that you're having awful back pain amongst all the other lovely pregnancy struggles--I have had to see a chiropractor through all my pregnancy's and have been able to maintain the pain to a level where I can deal with it and still get things done. Wishing you well! And thanks for sharing such a sweet tender moment!

Dubb Days said...

Sweet tender mercies from the Lord. Gotta love them. Also got to love that Taylor asked for the blessing himself! What wonderful, simple faith.

Ilene Strong said...

I am so happy you chose to marry a wonderful man nine years ago today.