7 years ago
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Poor, sick Taylor
Taylor has had a lingering cold for a few weeks. I haven't been worried about anything until Saturday night when he was coughing consistantly. Sunday night we joined the 3 hour party at Good Night Peds and found out he had strep. The doctor told me if the fever didn't go away by Tuesday, to see my doctor on Wednesday. Well, his cough has not been getting better and it's been pretty bad. He hasn't eaten for now 3 days and has lost 3 pounds. Last night I just didn't feel right about how he felt so I called the nurse and she did the best she could to coach me on how to surpress his cough. Nothing helped. He was up most of the night coughing and would cry when he would wake up to cough and say "I just don't want to cough anymore!" I called the doctor I normally see and they were booked today so I called my back up doctor's office. I WAS THERE FOR A TOTAL OF 20 MINUTES! IN AND OUT! The doctor listened to his lungs again and told me he had pnemonia. I wanted to cry! My poor child! I finally had an answer to his poor discomfort. He gave me a stronger antibiotic and said he should feel better in 24 to 48 hours. If not, we need to put him on even a strong antibiotic. I love that my "mother's instinct" told me something wasn't right. I am so glad I too him in today! Walmart Pharmacy now knows us by name and I'm considering just sleeping there. Between Tay and I, we've been there a lot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh man! Poor Tay! I hope he gets feeling better. I am glad you found out what it is so he can start getting healthy again. Hang in there!
Post a Comment