


We had the unique and rare opportunity of participating in the Gilbert, AZ Temple Groundbreaking ceremony. This temple was announced soon after President Monson became President of the Church. We TRIED explaining to Taylor what we were doing. He thought they were going to build the Temple right in front of us and asked if the Temple would fall on us. We tried to explain that they were just going to dig a hole and start the temple today. The poor kid is so confused. He kept asking on the way home where the Temple was.
It was a beautiful day. Just right when we got there and then it continued to get a little warm. Sterling tried everything he could to cover his head so it wouldn't burn. I guess that's the down fall of having no hair ;-). It was very dusty and we had to walk a little ways, but it was all part of the experience. I felt the Spirit so strong when one of the speakers (I think the director over Temple construction) said something to the effect of...The people who have gone before and helped settle this valley are looking upon us today. I am sure some of my relatives were present today. I grew up in Mesa. We always had the Temple close by. Then I moved to Utah and had a choice of what Temple to go to. Since living back east and here, I've realized how blessed I was to live so close to a Temple growing up. Now, we will have a Temple less than 5 minutes away. I am so thankful I live here now and get to participate in this exciting and historical time. It makes the experience even better when I have a child to watch the progress of the construction and I hope it will give me plenty of opportunities to bear my testimony to him about the Temple. I'm so thankful I had the opportunity to attend this with my family. I am getting a better understanding of what it means to have a Temple nearby and the blessings it brings.
3 comments:
CUTE scrapbook pages!! It was so neat to be there. Too bad we have to wait 2 more years to have girl's nights at the Gilbert Temple!
That is so neat! We have a lot of relatives who have lived down there...that is really neat. Tay looks older every time you post! He is so stinking cute.
I agree it was a once in a lifetime experience!!
Post a Comment