Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Taylor starts PRESCHOOL




Over the summer I debated whether or not to send Taylor to preschool. I had the option to join up with some friends to do a Joy School type preschool. I didn't know if it would be a good idea to pay to do something he may not enjoy but on the other hand I wasn't sure if it was good to be his teacher some of the time. So, I opted to pay for preschool and stay out of it ;-).

One day it just hit me. A few days before, I bought him some new clothes and put them up in his closet. I kept thinking, "wouldn't it be fun to save these for school?" It was that same day that he just seemed ready. I felt like he was ready to be amongst other kids and adult figure. It will take time for him to get use to being around new friends. I just know he will love it once he gets use to it. I stayed with him his first day and on the way home he said, "Mom, I had really fun at preschool today." I hope he remembers that as I try to leave him tomorrow!

I know I have first child syndrome. He was decked out in a new outfit and new back pack. I had to provide every way for him to be excited about his first day. He even picked out his own outfit. I think he's the cutest kid!

4 comments:

Meedy said...

Tay looks so cute! Love the new outfit and backpack. Hope he has fun. I hope you have fun doing the joy school too. It went really well for me last year. How many kids are in it? In my opinion, it is good to get kids together in an organized setting. It will get him ready for preschool, kindergarten, etc.

The Wildes said...

Jack starts in a week, they grow up so fast. Congrats to Taylor and Mom!

Meg said...

He looks so cute Steph! I can't wait to hear how it all goes. He is such a social kid I bet he will love it. Good job Steph & Sterling!

Dubb Days said...

How fun! Crazy how time flies, huh? He looks so cute with his backpack!