



I was born and raised in Arizona. I didn't know what a "white Christmas" meant except they had it on movies. AZ Christmas memories consist of lots of parties and lots of family. My little family and I have now lived in AZ 2+ years and this is the first Christmas we will be spending here in AZ. It has been 11 years since I have been here for Christmas. I've had the unique opportunity to participate in these traditional parties and family activities with my own little family this year. I am missing my siblings and parents as they were part of these memories growing up.
I have been blessed to be born to such amazing families. I had such an eternal perspective as I attended an extended family party last night. This party was as big as a church ward party. It was fun for me to think that we will still be family in heaven and we may have these fun gatherings there. My great-uncle talked about my great-grandfather's testimony. My great-uncle mentioned that 40 years ago on Christmas Eve they were gathered as a family just like we were last night and his father, my great-grandfather, bore his testimony to the family and that was the last time he heard his father bear his testimony. He passed away a few days later.
It's sad for me to think that traditions will change as time goes on and as people get older, but what I do have is a lot of memories and relationships that will last forever and that brings me a lot of happiness.
For my family: traditions at the parties I forgot about.
Strong Party:
Dinner
Christmas Story
Talent
Visit from Santa
Pinata
Dessert
Cardon Party: (has changed since we were here)
Agenda planning meeting
Dinner
Talent
Christmas program
Special tribute
Clean up
Sorry for the long post - chalk this up as a journal entry.
1 comment:
ya that's right Cardon's do it best!! It was so nice to see you last night. I am sad I had to leave early. Seriously you should really consider moving out to my neck of the woods. I
Post a Comment