

I love reading everyone's blog about their Christmas holiday. Here is a little taste of ours. I was horrible at taking pictures!
My family arrived on the 23rd. It was a long travel day for them and we had dinner ready for them when they arrived. After dinner, the guys all left to "run some errands".
24th - My mom and I drove to Mesa to pick up the fancy '88 suburban to drive around with everyone. We stopped by my mom's sister's house to drop off a gift. We came home and got ready for the day and shopped most of the day. That night we had a nice meal all together. It was a Steakhouse meal. Nice steak, potato skins, asparagus, yum. We watched the Nativity Story produced by the LDS Church and then watched the traditional Christmas Vacation. We all fell asleep through the movie.
25th - I woke up with excitement around 7 and got in bed with my parents. Taylor finally woke up just after 8. He loved opening presents and loved all his gifts. It gets more fun the older he gets. We made french toast for breakfast and then my aunt and cousin came over for a couple of hours. We headed down to Mesa to visit both sets of grandparents and then walked around the Temple to see the lights. We came home and made fajita quesadillas for dinner. Sterling and Stafford left around 10 to see Avatar.
26th - Hair cut day. Cut everyone's hair. Shopped a little and ate at Red Robin for dinner.
27th - Church, dinner, and Mesa Family visits
28th - My turn for a haircut in Mesa. Boys went to eat lunch at LJ's. My mom and I ate at Crackers Cafe. Haven't been there for years and loved it! Stafford came home from Mesa with Ster and I. I made dinner and then we went to the McCormick Stillman train park here in Scottsdale.
29th - Lunch at Paradise with mom, Ster, Taylor. Ster went home and my mom, Tay and I spent 5 hours at Desert Ridge shopping our little hearts out. We ended the day with homemade chimis and ice cream at Cold Stone.
I just love this time of year. I'm excited for the New Year to have a fresh start and back to a normal routine.
Happy New Year!
2 comments:
Horray for the Train Park--you can't go too often!
Homemade chimi's, huh? Maybe we need to invite you over to show me how to make them sometime.
Sounds like quite the fun weekend! Glad your fam got to come down!
Post a Comment