7 years ago
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
I've really been questioning the Swine Flu Vaccine
I've never had a flu shot before. Because Swine Flu is the most known flu out there this year, I am debating whether or not to get it. Then I get caught up in the side effects of it since they manufactured it so quick. I thought this Q and A on WebMD was great. What do you think about the vaccine. Click here for the link. I'm feeling much better about it. I just don't want to WORRY all winter whether or not my family will get it. It's just spreading so fast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks for sharing the website. I've never done flu shots but I'm getting pressure from dr's to consider it. Hmmmmmm...I hate making decisions like this!!
I sent you a nice lengthy email on my opinion. Get ready for some reading, but I sent it because I care:)
Okay. Can't help putting in my two cents here. Fact #1 - h1n1 is NOT any more of a big deal than the normal flu. Fact #2 - the vaccine has only been tested on 1800 people. That is not a lot.
Not only am I dealing with this being in nursing school - my best friend in the ward has already gone through 2 confirmed cases of swine flu with her 8 and 6 year old children. They were FINE after about 48 hours. It's just a flu. If you do not have a compromised immune system to begin with - all will be fine.
If you WANT to get a vaccine, get the NORMAL flu vaccine. It will be much more helpful. That being said - the flu is a VIRUS. It changes and mutates every single year. So when you get a flu vaccine, you are being immunized for LAST YEARS flu.
There's a lot of media hype out there right now. You just have to cut through it all and just think about what YOU feel comfortable with.
I am in the hospital doing clinicals right now and exposed to many things but I am telling you right now - I WILL NOT be getting the h1n1 vaccine when it is offered.
Like I said - just my "two cents" from a gal in RN school.
Hey I just asked Sotera & Slade's pediatrician about it, and she said just make sure to vaccinate against the more deadly flu virus (regular flu) she wouldn't say not to get the H1N1 vaccine. But also did not say to get it. The way she said it told me that she is not really in favor of it!! So I feel comfortable only getting the regular flu vaccine & I will not be vaccinating against the H1n1 this year!!
Post a Comment