Sunday, February 8, 2009

A year ago...


As a parent, especially first time parent, we thought our child would be advanced in everything. We thought for sure he would walk before he was 1. Because I don't have any other children to compare Taylor to, I think he was and still is advanced in many areas...but he didn't walk until he was almost 14 months. We thought he would never walk. So, this is what we were focusing on a year ago. What are we working on now??? GETTING HIM TO SLEEP IN HIS OWN BED on a good sleeping schedule :-). One day it will click, I just know it!

8 comments:

Mom of four said...

Hey, none of my kids walked before 14-15 months, and they are advanced! They can cause trouble better than any kids I know :)

Median age of walking is 14 months, and there have been studies that show kids who crawl longer are better readers. So no rush to walk, I say!

Susanne said...

But look how cute he is, Steph! He's still such a cutie.

The Lanes said...

Hey Steph! I totally know what you are saying about sleeping in their own bed! We just barely got Austin to start sleeping in the crib but the crib has to be right next to our bed so he can see us!

Tiffany said...

What a cute kid! The funny thing is that the picture from a year ago is the Taylor that I remember. Has it been that long!?

Sara said...

Oh this will be tough but worth it. That's why with our second one we started her out in her crib and have kept her there ever since. She does great now although she doesn't sleep very good anywhere but her crib. Guess you can't get too picky.

Dubb Days said...

Oh how we feel your pain. We are dealing with the same thing and it totally stinks. With our situation we have no one to blame but ourselves! In fact this is one of my New Years resolutions--both kids in their own beds, sleeping through the night! I wish you luck!

Anonymous said...

How cute was he?! I hope he starts sleeping for you guys- that has gotta be miserable! It will click, let's just hope it is soon for your sake!

Paola said...

Those crib walls are just amazing, arent' they? Well, we're here in a temp apartment and so Mateus doesn't have his
P&P or his crib; he sleeps on the floor on a mattress. I've just started shutting the door to his room. Made sure it was a kid safe environment. He played in his room for like hours the first time I did it, but it helped. He went back to bed. I've heard that the Montessori method is to put the mattress on the floor. I just did it by accident. So there are some thoughts. Overall: Good luck. Not fun. We're taking the Paci away right now. Good times. POWER TO THE PARENTS.