Wednesday, September 3, 2008

AZ Residents?


Who knows where we'll be in 9 months when Sterling graduates, but where ever we go, we'll have AZ license plates! I have been to the DMV 3 times. Sterling and I both have AZ drivers licenses. Both cars have passes emissions and the physical inspection. One car has AZ license plates. The other car Sterling has to do because his name is on the title. When he gets time, he'll do it.

It was a pain getting a drivers license in NY. They pretty much wanted my first born child. Well, that paid off. Since I had a NY license it was nothing to get one in AZ. I showed my NY license and birth certificate. Since I was in the system with my maiden name (because I lived here in AZ when I turned 16), I needed to show proof that I was married. No worries, I happened to have my marriage license with me (because I brought every bit of proof I could think of...not knowing I would need it to prove I was married ;-)).

Did you know that some states require you to send back the old license plates? Well, NY does and if I don't send them back, they could suspend my license. Wow. Love NY. Love AZ.

In AZ, you have to go to a special building to get emissions done. You wait in a long line of cars and the test takes 2 seconds. It's not a hip, hop, skip, or a jump over to Jiffy Lube to get it done. I did the white car yesterday, the lavender one today. Because I have out of state plates, I have to get the outside of the car inspected by a MVD person at the MVD. Did that yesterday and today. Thank you, both cars passed both tests. Yesterday I waited over an hour to get the plates for the white car. Today I tried to do the other car, and couldn't because Sterling's name was on the title. I could have walked right up to booth...only like 10 people were there! Oh, and no worries, my driver's license expires in 35 years. I'm not joking. I hope we stay here!

2 comments:

Webster Family said...

You should have just asked! When we bought the car here, the license plate never showed up. The MVD said it was b/c we had a forwarding address set up. Long story short, we ordered a new one only to get home and find the first one in a FEDEX envelope under a chair on our porch...you could have had a free plate. :) j/k Sounds like a lot of fun in line though...did you take Taylor?

Erin Wittwer said...

Oh thanks for all the upbeat comments about New York! I hope New Jersey is a little bit easier to get all that done because I have to get it done pretty soon! Oh, and I know where you will be in 9 months, back in New York or even better New Jersey so that Jackson can have a friend his age!