Sunday, April 6, 2008

Conference Weekend

Conference weekend is such an uplifting time for me. For some reason, having a toddler who turns off the TV (and enjoys the reaction of turning it off) makes it a little difficult at times, but there is always such a sweet spirit that it brings into our home. Saturday morning we made waffles and had our friends, the Becksteads over. Today, we watched the first session at our house and then went to Mesa to watch it at my grandparent's house. (Food is what got us there, of course). We enjoyed being with family. In New York, we were 2 hours ahead of Utah, so Conference started at noon and the second session 4. In AZ, we are an hour behind, so there's no sleeping in for us! 9 and 1 is it! My favorite talk was by Elder Ballard. I made sure I listened very closely. It's always refreshing to hear an apostle talk of women and our role as mothers. I felt like he was talking directly to me. I love that! We hope you all enjoyed your Conference weekend!!! [Don't worry Utah, we enjoyed sunny skies and 85 degree weather...move to AZ!]

8 comments:

Mom of four said...

I loved Elder Ballard's talk, too!

S and B H. said...

OH MY STINKIN' CUTE. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. Oh yes and conference was great!! Can't wait til Thursday when we can print them!!

Dubb Days said...

I know what you mean--it is wonderful to hear an apostle speak about mothers. Conference was wonderful. Though having a toddler can make it a little difficult at times--thank you for the Ensign!!

Megan said...

I missed having breakfast with you guys and the Richins while watching the first session. Maybe in the future we can do it again...when you move back to Utah!!!

shawnajctenney.blogspot.com said...

Hey Steph! I love reading your blog too. I have it on my subscriptions. I loved Elder Ballard's talk too, it was just what I needed. :)

Jessica said...

I love all of your digital scrapbooking!!
I love Conference weekend too. We are two hours ahead of Utah, so it is 12 and 4 for us. But we did amazingly enough have a beautiful weekend. Sunny skies and well 65 degrees. So it wasn't 85 but hey, I will take 65 degrees in the spring in michigan:-)

Meg said...

I love the new look Steph! I am not so sure of that picture, I don't even remember you taking that. Thank you again for such a yummy breakfast,it will have to become a tradition.

I have to agree with you on Elder Ballard's talk, I am not even a mom. Have a great week in the 80 degree weather.

Jessica said...

Ok so I just noticed that in your profile it says places you have lived. What does soon PA mean?? Are you guys going to be moving to Pennsylvania?