We had a fun Thanksgiving weekend. We drove to Mesa on Wednesday to spend the weekend at my grandparent's house. Mesa is about a 50 minute drive from where we live. Wednesday night we went to Cafe Rio for dinner (thank goodness they have one in Mesa) and then went to Neilsen's Frozen Custard (another East Valley favorite). Wednesday night, Taylor was up about ever 2 hours. He was just in an unfamiliar place and not in his own bed. At about the 4:30am shift of him waking up, I told Sterling I was ready to pack up and go back home. Thursday we were pretty exhausted. We had dinner with my dad's side of the family. We got there a little later than we wanted, so we missed the fun things they did before dinner. We ate and hung out at my dad's sister's house. She had rented a big blow up slide for everyone to play on. The weather was perfect all day. Perfect weather may be different for everyone depending on where you live, but as a fact, we did have the perfect weather. Not hot, not cold, just right...it short sleeves, I might add. After hanging out with my dad's family, we went to spend time with my mom's family. We had pie at my mom's sister's house. We then went back to my grandparent's house to go to bed.
Taylor had a better night Thursday night, to allow us to stay at least another day. Friday we got up and went for a drive, washed the car, then came back to get ready for the day. We spent time with our friends at the Chandler Mall and PF Changs. We had a blast! That night we went back to my dad's sister's house to hang out with my cousins and have dinner...fun!
Taylor decided to be up for 2 hours straight in the middle of the night Friday...grr! At 3:30am, Sterling told me we should pack up and go home. We didn't. Saturday I had the unique opportunity to visit my great-great aunts. That would make them great-great-great aunts to Taylor. How cool! We had to get a picture! We visited at my great-aunt's house. After running a couple of errands, and having lunch at Mattas with grandma and grandpa, we decided our trip to Mesa was over. Taylor was extremely tired and so were we. We headed home last night. Taylor screamed in his own crib for about 1/2 hour and slept 14 hours last night! Yipee!!! We had a wonderful weekend. We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend as well!!!
7 years ago
1 comment:
So here I was enjoying your blog when I read the "CAFE RIO" part and well, can't get past it. I'm ready to drive to Mesa right now...where is it?? It doesn't list one online...blame it on the pregnancy but I can already taste the sweet pork burrito! :)
Post a Comment