We have learned since Sterling has been going to Thunderbird, that there are a lot of things we can get involved with. Yes, we, just not Sterling. We went to Club Day on Friday and were able to sign up for a lot of things. Sterling signed up for: The Financial Club, Marketing Club, Golf Club, Outdoor club, LDS Network, Sports Business Club. Taylor and I signed up for the International Women and Family Club and also Thunderkids, which is under IWFC.
Every other Tuesday the IWFC (International Women and Family Club) meet and have an activity. Tonight we are having Salad (provided by the school) and dessert (which is potluck). So, I thought I would be so good and take something a little more fancy than plain brownies. I went to make fancy brownies with a cream cheese mixture on top. I checked on them regularly and then heard the buzzer. So, I went to take them out of the oven...with one hand because I only grabed one oven mit. My hand bumped up against the oven door (which is heavy) and as I was pulling the brownies out, they tilted downward and spilled all over the oven, stove, and floor. At this same time, Taylor was screaming in bed because I had tried to put him down for his nap. I finished cleaning up my mess and realized Taylor hadn't eaten lunch...no wonder why he was crying. I put him in his high chair and got half way through a jar of pears when his eyes rolled back and he went right to sleep. It was a crazy half hour or so. Not only did my brownies make a mess and put an exciting moment in my day, but now the potluck starts in an hour and I have to make something else. Life is just so excited sometimes!
7 years ago
1 comment:
Oh the crazy moments that happen when you're a mommy!
Post a Comment